Want to work for an organisation at the forefront of the world’s response to COVID-19?
CEPI is accelerating the development of safe and effective vaccines against COVID-19 and other emerging infectious diseases.
CEPI’s Communications Team is looking to raise awareness and understanding of its pioneering vaccine development work and the threat posed by emerging infectious diseases, like COVID-19.
We’re on the hunt for a creative storyteller, brimming with ideas. Someone who has extensive digital media and design experience, who is able to assimilate complex concepts and convey them digitally in an engaging and compelling way.
Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite, or similar design software, is a must, as will your experience in developing content strategies that are informed by solid analytics.
You’ll be working with some of the world’s foremost vaccine developers and infectious disease experts, so knowledge of the scientific process and clinical trials would be helpful, as would a general science background (Bachelor-degree level). But more important than this is an intellectual curiosity about CEPI’s work and a passion to convey complex concepts in an informed, interesting and clear manner.
Having worked in a newsroom, agency-side, or in-house, you’ll have demonstrable experience in following complex creative briefs while adhering to brand guidelines.
The CEPI’s Communications Team is fast-paced and you’ll be working on high-impact projects that will change the future of vaccine development and the way the world responds to epidemics in future.
The Digital Content Manager will be responsible for the following:
From the CEPI newsletter and social content to interactive infographics and event stands, you’ll be responsible for creating timely and engaging content that is informative and engaging.
As part of the Communications Team, you’ll support the development of the editorial strategy and will play a leading role in the production of associated visual content.
Given the fast-moving nature of our work, especially during this pandemic period, you’ll be tasked with producing reactive digital and social assets in response to major announcements.
The Digital Content Manager will also liaise with CEPI’s website agency on the creation and development of new features and modules to improve user engagement and experience.
As a global coalition, CEPI works with organisations, governments and companies on all continents— you’ll be responsible for building relations with our coalition partners to encourage them to contribute content to support CEPI’s communications objectives.
The Digital Content Manager will lead on the implementation of the CEPI visual identity across all digital platforms, advice internal and external stakeholder on the application of the CEPI brand and play a key role in the evolution of CEPI’s digital and brand strategy.
Core organisational materials
Be responsible for updating the CEPI website with content, key documents, and stories to ensure the latest information is available to users and to maximise the impact of the CEPI story, especially in view of CEPI’s COVID-19 response.
Monitor social media metrics and website analytics to assess the performance of key content campaigns and to use these insights to optimise CEPI’s content strategy.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
This is an opportunity for someone who can demonstrate:
- 5+ years of work experience in content strategy, content development and design, product marketing, or equivalent
- Experience using Adobe Creative suite or other design platforms to create engaging content, including but not limited to infographics, GIFs, short animations and social videos
- Experience using WordPress or other website content management systems
- Proficiency in using Google analytics and social media analytical tools, such as Sprinklr, to measure content performance
- Ability to turn complex, technical concepts into engaging but accurate content for all audiences
- Strong written and verbal communication (fluent in English)
- Used to working within strict brand guidelines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Video editing experience
- Experience creating visuals for use in corporate decks and external meetings
- Knowledge of SEO
- Experience in global health or research and development
Travel and Location Requirements
The position is based in London or Oslo
What We can Offer You
- Experience from the international effort on developing vaccines against EIDs and accelerating vaccine development response to outbreaks
- An exciting job opportunity at a newly established international organisation focusing on funding and facilitating vaccine development
- Attractive benefit package including holidays, health benefits and private pension arrangements
- A diverse and inclusive work force
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected].
If you have any issues submitting your application, please contact [email protected].
Applications must be received by 2359 CET on 18 January 2021.