CEPI (the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations) is a unique global organisation with a mission to stimulate and accelerate the development of vaccines against emerging infectious diseases and enable access to these vaccines for people during outbreaks. Since the outbreak of Covid-19 pandemic CEPI has also taken a leading role in fighting the pandemic by seeking to develop a vaccine against the disease.
CEPI is currently looking for a Sustainable Manufacturing Lead to join its Research and Development team. This will be a key role in ensuring that necessary vaccines are produced by our partners at the massive scale needed to defeat Covid-19.
We are looking for candidates that are motivated by CEPI’s mission, and the sense of urgency.
You have minimum a master’s degree in a biotech/pharma discipline, maybe in process engineering, and you have experience from manufacturing sites and working with CMO/CDMOs.
A critical success factor will be that you can work effectively with leaders in different organisations in a global context. We believe the right candidate has demonstrated such skills.
In CEPI we strive for diverse thinking, and we want diverse pools of candidates for all our vacancies. We work for an inclusive working environment where each employee can contribute and grow.
Purpose of Role
To be responsible for the Sustainable Manufacturing element of CEPI’s vaccine development project portfolio. Working with cross functional teams of experts to ensure that CEPI’s vaccine development projects can achieve an effective, efficient and sustainable manufacture and supply of the product.
- Securing sustainable manufacturing activities, e.g. identify and develop working relationships with internationally based manufacturing partners, providing CMC input for creating and executing contracts; leading the due diligence and coordinating the engagement with external experts, and ensure sustainable manufacturing knowledge sharing across the projects in CEPI
- Serve as the CMC Lead and Sustainable Manufacturing point of contact (internal and external) supporting the development and management of the CMC strategy and securing CMC and Sustainable Manufacturing support across the portfolio
- Undertake evaluations of awardees and ensure the smooth progression of projects by advising on the process development, quality and supply chain of new vaccines
- Guiding awardees on manufacturing, distribution and stockpiling of investigational vaccines for clinical and emergency use
- Ensure effectiveness and efficiency of project milestones and budget control – ensuring timely reviews for effective decision making and documentation transfers
- Serve as contributing member on assigned long-term strategic projects – coordinating cross cutting activities with CEPI stakeholders, regulatory authorities and project partners
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Master’s degree in Biochemical Engineering, Biological sciences, Pharmaceutical sciences or an equivalent level of experience
- Experience in biological drug substance manufacturing and managing licensed third party CMO/CDMO relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical trials
- Supply chain experience
- Experience in collaborating and making contracts with CMO/CDMO’s
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Travel and location requirements
- This role will preferably be based in London (UK) although could be based in Washington D.C. (US) or Oslo (NO) for the right candidate. It will require working across the US and Europe regularly and may require travel to other countries as projects progress.
What We can Offer You
- The opportunity to work together with leading experts on solutions for global challenges
- Experience from the international effort on developing vaccines against EIDs and accelerating vaccine development response to outbreaks
- Working with global experts
- A diverse and inclusive working environment
How to Apply
- If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send your application to [email protected].
Applications must be received by 2359 CET on Sunday 9 August 2020.