CEPI is looking for a Senior Vaccine R&D Project Manager to join our growing Research and Development team.
This role reports to the Head of Programs and Innovative Technology. The team is based primarily in London or Oslo, but we will consider candidates who could be based in Washington.
If you are interested in joining the CEPI team and think you have the appropriate qualifications for this role, please read the detailed job description below and follow the instructions for applying.
Provide state-of-the-art project management skills and excellence to CEPI’s Vaccine projects for the successful development of vaccine candidates against emerging infectious diseases.
The Senior Project Manager will facilitate the successful delivery of several vaccine R&D projects associated with CEPI’s mission. Responsible to proactively manage all elements of each project – monitoring, scope, timelines, risk, budget and quality.
As a Senior Project Manager you will deputise for the Head of the Project Management Office, guiding and mentoring others, trouble shooting and helping to develop and maintain best practice in the management of our projects.
- Develops a clear understanding of project content and maintains relevant knowledge throughout the project life cycle
- Manages the due diligence and expert review of the Calls for Proposals and develops a good understanding of the project subject
- Establishes a strong working relation with the Project Leader to jointly ensure timely deliverables and to continuously seek ways of improving team performance
- Guides Awardees in the definition of operational plans and execution strategies against award goals
- Clearly identifies and develops roles for project team members and helps individual contributors to be successful in these roles
- Tracks project progress against timeline, financial and quality milestones as well as reports to management and investors
- Proactively identifies issues and / or obstacles, working with subject matter experts to develop resolutions and / or contingencies to guide the project to a successful outcome. Moreover, such activities should strive to reduce project timelines and optimise resources
- Maintains and closely manages project risks to ensure that mitigating activities are fully resources. Ensure that risks are sufficiently and regularly exposed to CEPI’s governance committees
- Identifies synergies and efficiencies, eliminated redundancies and facilitate collaboration and communication between different projects; identifying ways to accelerate project execution where possible while maintaining high quality standards
- Manage project team related documentation and communications. Assist with determination of cross-functional communication and coordination of action items. Generates, collects, distributes, stores and retrieves project communications
- Actively contributes to portfolio review and analysis, working closely with colleagues across CEPI, external experts and Scientific Advisory Committee, contributing to continuous improvement through leveraging lessons-learned
- As a seasoned expert in project management, the Senior Project Manager will deputise for the Head of PMO, guide and mentor colleagues and contribute to the development and maintenance of project management best practice
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
An essential education requirement is an advance degree (Master or Doctoral) degree in life sciences, medical-related sciences or equivalent relevant experience. We also think that a qualification in project management is highly desirable.
In addition we are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Significant experience working in the Pharmaceutical industry, or not-for profit vaccine development, as a project manager for vaccine development projects in global multidisciplinary teams
- Advanced knowledge of global research and development processes related to vaccine development
- Expert planning and tracking skills, well-organized, focused on results, capable of managing multiple projects, excellent time and self-management
- Demonstrable problem-solving abilities with ability to identify issues seeking advice as required
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player, able to work in different cultural environments, to negotiate timelines and develop effective international collaboration
- Strong critical and objective interpretation of development and scientific issues with the ability to articulate and establish processes which impact cross-functional activities
- Track record of using the latest tools and methods for state-of-the-art project management excellence.
- Experience in mentoring and guiding others in Project Management roles
- Experience in contributing to the development of Project Management best practice
Travel and Location Requirements
- This role is likely to involve some international travel
What We can Offer You
- Experience from the international effort on developing vaccines against EIDs and accelerating vaccine development response to outbreaks
- An exciting job opportunity at a newly established international organisation focusing on funding and facilitating vaccine development
- Attractive benefit package including holidays, health benefits and private pension arrangements
- Competitive salary
How to Apply
CEPI has exclusively retained Skills Alliance to assist with this vacancy. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send your Curriculum Vitae along with a covering email / letter to [email protected]
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as we are unlikely may not be able to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
If you have any questions about the position, please email [email protected] or telephone on +44 207 220 6209.