CEPI is looking for a Financial Awards Officer / Manager to join our Legal and Business Development team. The position is based in Oslo and reports to the General Counsel and Director of Business Development. We expect candidates will have at least 3-5 years’ experience with project-related finance, documentation and due diligence. Candidates with substantial experience are also welcome to apply.
The CEPI vision –“We want to stop future epidemics by developing new vaccines for a safer world”. Vaccines are one of the world’s most important health achievements. Yet their life-saving potential hasn’t yet been realised for many known and unknown epidemic threats, particularly in low-income countries, where the risks and needs are often greatest.
Launched at the World Economic Forum in Davos in January 2017, CEPI is a partnership of public, private, philanthropic and civil society organisations established to stimulate, finance and coordinate vaccine development for emerging infectious diseases. These diseases have been identified based on WHO’s R&D Blueprint, and encompass those for which vaccine development is unlikely to occur through market incentives alone.
CEPI has currently investment commitments of about $750 million from the governments of Germany, Japan, Norway, Canada, Australia, UK, and from Wellcome and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, with an initial aim of reaching funding commitments if $1 billion for its first five year investment cycle.
As CEPI’s Financial Awards Officer/Manager in Oslo, you will support CEPI’s vaccine science, vaccine development and legal and business development teams with finance (transactions, project-related due diligence), compliance and documentation. This will include support for major project calls for proposals (US$ 500K – US$ 50 million) from initial review through to implementation and delivery, as well as ongoing support for other projects.
- Conduct financial and budget due diligence and manage integrity due diligence to support project proposal review and negotiations with applicants/partners. This includes close cooperation with scientific, legal and business development colleagues as part of the CEPI project team
- Assist in negotiating contractual commitments (particularly focused on finance, compliance and reporting requirements) together with legal and business development colleagues
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with awardees/partners during project execution
- During project execution, follow up on financial reporting expected from awardees, analysing actual and projected expenses, potential impact on payment schedules, management of deviations, and effective internal communications to facilitate awardees’ project management and ensure CEPI’s aims are supported
- Prepare budget, forecasts and finance documentation to support internal portfolio evaluation and management reporting
- Contribute to improving internal and external processes related to awardee/partner reporting and monitoring
- Help to establish award-related template agreements (such as non-disclosure agreements, change order forms etc) and support implementing and improving information management systems for awards and other contracts
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organisation on the implementation and administration of contracts, including active participation in regular project team meetings
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
CEPI expects the successful candidate to have:
- Degree or equivalent level of educational experience
- Experience in a finance, grant management, business development or related area
- Chartered or management accountant or similar finance/grant management/business development role
- Experience in life sciences industry or grant making/receiving organisations preferred
- Excellent communication skills, with confidence communicating in English. Additional languages an advantage
- Good working knowledge of the Office Package, especially Excel and the use of ERP-systems
- Ability to work as part of an international team with motivation to be autonomous as appropriate. There is an expectation of reasonable international travel for this role with trips to other CEPI offices and partner/awardee organisations in Europe and the rest of the world as appropriate.
WHAT CEPI CAN OFFER YOU
- An exciting job opportunity at a newly established international organisation focusing on funding and facilitating vaccine development
- Experience from the international effort on developing vaccines against emerging infectious diseases (EIDs) and accelerating vaccine development response to outbreaks
- Global collaboration and impact
- Meaningful and challenging work
- A diverse and inclusive workplace
- A learning organisation
- Attractive benefit package, including private pension arrangements
- Competitive salary
HOW TO APPLY
For further information regarding the position, please contact Leif Thoring, Senior Advisor in Dfind AS, direct line +47 913 68 810 or email [email protected].
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Applications will be processed on a continuous basis.