The Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) is a global organisation with a mission to stimulate and accelerate the development of vaccines against emerging infectious diseases and enable access to these vaccines for people during outbreaks. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, CEPI has taken a leading role investing in multiple diverse COVID-19 vaccine candidates and co-leading COVAX alongside Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance and the World Health Organization to develop, manufacture and equitably deliver 2 billion doses of safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine by the end of 2021 to end the acute phase of the pandemic.
CEPI is looking for a US Government Relations Lead to support its growing US engagement. The role will work closely with colleagues globally, particularly in the areas of resource mobilization, other CEPI government affairs roles, and colleagues engaged in vaccine R&D and business development and is a key role to harness the cooperation with the US government and other North American partners.
We are looking for candidates that are motivated by CEPI’s mission. You have a relevant experience, advanced degree and proven ability to adapt to and influence long-term political strategies to support, protect, and advance the mission of their organization.
If you are interested in joining the CEPI team and think you have the appropriate qualifications for this role, please read the detailed job description below and follow the instructions for applying.
In CEPI we strive for diverse thinking, and we want diverse pools of candidates for all our vacancies. We work for an inclusive working environment where each employee can contribute and grow.
The purpose of the role is to strengthen the cooperation with US government, contributing to preparedness and response to emerging infectious diseases in the US and globally. The purpose is to understand US Government needs and capabilities, with a focus on both US Government technical agencies, political process and with other key North American partners.
The role will entail:
– Manage CEPI’s US Government relationships, understand US Government needs for CEPI capabilities and create heightened awareness about CEPI in all parts of government, including US senate and house
– Work closely with various technical agencies such as BARDA, NIAID etc. to develop and maintain solid technical relations and cooperation
– Work with the US Government to ensure US capabilities, plans and resources are part of the coalition as a contributor to global preparedness and response
– Work with other North American key technical stakeholders, like in Canada and Mexico
– Participate in relevant strategic efforts
– Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
– Relevant advanced degree (eg MBA, MPH, JD, or other as relevant)
– Proven ability to adapt to long-term political strategies to support, protect, and advance the mission of their organization
– A track record of resilience, sound judgment and decisiveness in pressured circumstances
– Management experience and matrix experience a strong plus
– Outstanding communication skills and complex stakeholder management experience
– Understanding and sensitivity to international and global interactions a strong plus
– Significant experience either from within the US Government or working as a relationship manager vis-à-vis the US Government
Travel and Location Requirements
Travel will be required.
The position will be based in Washington D.C.
What We can Offer You
The opportunity to work together with leading experts on solutions for global challenges.
Experience from the international effort on developing vaccines against Emerging Infectious Diseases and accelerating vaccine development response to outbreaks including the current pandemic.
A dynamic, diverse and inclusive working environment.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the position, please send your Curriculum Vitae along with a covering email / letter to [email protected].
Applications must be received by COB on May 5, 2021.