MERS, Lassa and Nipah vaccine candidates
Pipeline dataset for MERS-CoV
Pipeline dataset for Lassa
Pipeline dataset for Nipah
This pipeline reflects, to the best of our knowledge as at February 2017, publicly available information on the status of vaccine candidates with a direction towards human use for MERS-CoV, Lassa and Nipah. Please contact email@example.com if you have evidence to report on updates to this.
The pipeline dataset for MERS, Lassa and Nipa vaccine candidates provides a background landscape of the current state of the field, the key developers and platform technologies. Sharing of such information is widely recognised as critical in making resourcing and development decisions.
Methodology and data sources
The following data sources served to identify Nipah, Lassa and MERS vaccine candidates (all candidate information presented is available in the public domain):
- Norheim G, Clark CE, Oftung F, Borge KS, Dudman S, Røttingen J-A. Vaccine development opportunities for 17 priority pathogens. March 2016. Internal report, Norwegian Institute of Public Health.
- Pubmed using MESH terms “vaccines” in combination with “Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus” / “Nipah Virus” / “Lassa Virus”
- Google advanced search for “biotech” + “[pathogen]” + “vaccine”
- A search of biotechs’ websites for published R&D vaccine pipelines
- Vaccine special issue articles, March 2016
- WHO MERS road map
- WHO Vaccine Pipeline Tracker: http://www.who.int/immunization/research/vaccine_pipeline_tracker_spreadsheet/en/
- NIH reporter database: https://report.nih.gov/index.aspx
- Clinicaltrials.gov and WHO International Clinical Trials Registry http://apps.who.int/trialsearch/Default.aspx
- Patents database http://www.epo.org/searching-for-patents/technical/espacenet.html#tab1
Klara Henderson, Nicholas Hammersland, Gunnstein Norheim, Connie Schmaljohn, Alan Barrett