Government of Norway
Erna Solberg, Prime Minister
“Just over a year ago 193 states adopted the Sustainable Development Goals – the roadmap for the future we want. Epidemics threaten that future. They can ruin societies on a scale only matched by wars and natural disasters. They respect no borders and don’t care if we are rich or poor. Protecting the vulnerable is protecting ourselves. This is why we all must work together to be better prepared – and why my Government is fully committed to ensure that CEPI achieves its mission.”
Government of Japan
Yasuhisa Shiozaki, Minister of Health, Labour, and Welfare
“Japan has highlighted the importance of pandemic preparedness and Universal Health Coverage. I believe the CEPI will contribute to achieving them through encouraging development of vaccines.”
Federal Government of Germany
Johanna Wanka, German Federal Minister of Education and Research:
“The Ebola crisis made us painfully aware of the gaps in the international health system. Prevention is the best means to ensuring healthy lives for all as set out in Agenda 2030. At the same time, a well-prepared system of crisis management must – if the situation arises – quickly contain the spread of contagious diseases. We are convinced that the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations will play a key role in the prevention of health crises and enable a quick response in case of crisis. Germany is therefore lending both financial and scientific support to CEPI.”
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
Bill Gates, Co-Chair
“Ebola and Zika showed that the world is tragically unprepared to detect local outbreaks and respond quickly enough to prevent them from becoming global pandemics. Without investments in research and development, we will remain unequipped when we face the next threat.
The ability to rapidly develop and deliver vaccines when new ‘unknown’ diseases emerge offers our best hope to outpace outbreaks, save lives and avert disastrous economic consequences. CEPI is a great example of how supporting innovation and R&D can help the world to address some of its most pressing health challenges.”
Dr Jeremy Farrar, Director
“We know from Ebola, Zika and SARS that epidemics are among the significant threats we face to life, health and prosperity. Vaccines can protect us, but we’ve done too little to develop them as an insurance policy. CEPI is our chance to learn the lessons of recent tragedies, and outsmart epidemics with new vaccine defences. If others join us in supporting CEPI, we can realise our goal of creating a safer world.”
Carlos Moedas, EU Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation:
“Recent epidemics taught the world the hard way that infectious diseases know no borders. The EU shares the CEPI objective to develop new vaccines that will help prevent and contain future epidemics, and is committed to collaborating with CEPI in joint efforts towards this goal.”
Government of Belgium
Government of Canada
Government of Australia
The Australian Government is invested in the global effort to fund critical research and development gaps for pandemic preparedness and global health security. Australia is committed to global health, and will continue to build global innovative partnerships and seek out opportunities for international research collaboration. Australia’s contribution to the Coalition of Epidemic Preparedness Innovations, through the Medical Research Future Fund, will assist in the development of vital vaccines suitable for humans that are deploy-ready before an epidemic begins, and ensure we are prepared for future epidemics.
CEPI Founding Partners
The purpose of the Partners Forum is to have a platform open to all organizations that work within the end-to-end scope of vaccine development, and to provide a model for engagement, early collaboration with CEPI and expression of support. The forum will be virtual, but likely complemented with annual or biannual meetings that take place in conjunction with other CEPI events. Membership on the forum will be open to organizations willing to endorse CEPI’s mission through signing on to a Partners Statement.
If your organization is interested in becoming a member of the Partners Forum, please follow this link.
The following organizations are members of the CEPI Partners Forum and endorse CEPI’s mission:
- ACRES - Alliance for Clinical Research Excellence and Safety
- Agence de Medecine Preventive (AMP)
- Bavarian Nordic
- Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine
- Biological E
- Centre de Recherche en Infectiologie (Université Laval)
- Centre for Global Health, University of Oslo
- Clinton Health Access Initiative
- CPL Biologicals Pvt. Ltd.
- CureVac AG
- DAI Global Health
- DCVMN International
- EigenBio LLC
- Emergent BioSolutions Inc.
- European Vaccine Initiative (EVI)
- Expres2ion Biotech
- Fraunhofer Institute for Molecular Biology and Applied Ecology IME
- Fraunhofer Institute for Organic Electronics, Electron Beam and Plasma Technology FEP
- G-CON Manufacturing, Inc
- Global Citizen
- Global He@lth 2030 Innovation Task Force
- Global Healthcare Innovation Alliances (GHIA) Initiative
- HEAL Alliance
- Human Vaccines Project
- IABS (International Alliance for Biological Standardization)
- InDevR Inc.
- Infectious Diseases society of America
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals
- Institut Pasteur
- Institut Pasteur du Cambodge
- Institute of Virology and Immunology (IVI), Mittelhäusern/Bern, Switzerland
- International AIDS Vaccine Initiative
- International Vaccine Institute
- Johns Hopkins Vaccine Initiative (JHU)
- Johnson & Johnson
- LiteVax B.V.
- Medicines Development for Global Health
- Medigen Vaccine Biologics Corp.
- Mexican Social Security Institute
- Moderna LLC
- National Health Research Institute Carlos III
- National Institute for Biological Standards & Control
- National Institutes for Food and Drug Control, China
- National University Health System, Singapore
- O'Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law
- Planet Biotechnology Inc.
- Proxima Concepts Limited
- Save the Children UK
- Sinergium Biotech S.A.
- Stabilitech Biopharma Ltd
- TechInvention Lifecare Pvt Ltd
- The Albert B. Sabin Vaccine Institute, Inc.
- The Gavi Alliance
- The Native Antigen Company
- The Pirbright Institute
- UK Veterinary Vaccinology Network
- US BIOLOGIC
- Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization-International Vaccine Centre (VIDO-InterVac)
- Vedantra Pharmaceuticals
- Verndari, Inc.
- Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Consortium
- Viroclinics Biosciences
- Zydus Cadila