Expression of interest
Epidemiological studies of Lassa fever in West Africa
CEPI plans to provide grants for epidemiological studies of Lassa virus that will inform future trial design, endpoints, and site selection for Lassa-vaccine development.
As part of this “expression of interest” process, CEPI would like to identify research groups that are interested in performing such studies. Such groups can be composed of investigators based anywhere in the world, but the Principal Investigator must be from a Lassa-endemic country, and the consortium must include local co-investigators at each proposed study site.
The expression of interest will serve as a prequalification to apply for funding through a subsequent “request for proposals” on epidemiological studies of Lassa virus.
Points to consider
- Groups are eligible if they have strong local presence in a Lassa-endemic region(s) and previous experience with Lassa field studies.
- All work conducted under this expression of interest and subsequent calls is expected to involve local investigators, and to contribute to strengthening of local clinical-research capacity.
- Applicants selected through this expression of interest will receive “prequalification” to apply for funding through a formal request for proposals (RfP) to be launched at the end of 2018.
- “Prequalified” applicants will be expected to participate in a workshop in Q4 2018 to provide input on harmonising the core study protocol that CEPI will use for the RfP.
How to apply
- Download and read the guidance document
- Download and complete the submission form
- Provide your contact details and upload your completed submission form
- If you have any questions about the application process please contact Hinta Meijerink at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPDATED submission deadline: 12.00 CEST Monday 3 September 2018. Applicants will be informed of selection results by October 2018.