Platform technologies to enable rapid vaccine development for epidemic prone infections
CEPI is pleased to announce its second funding opportunity for the development of vaccines against epidemic infectious diseases.
In this two-step call, CEPI asks for submission of proposals for vaccine platform technologies that enable rapid vaccine development, rapid scale up, and quick time to immunity for reactive use in outbreaks of novel or previously unrecognised viruses. Proposals can include new platforms with the potential for rapidly making a vaccine using materials generally regarded as safe (GRAS), or those compressing the time of an existing (proven) platform to make it more responsive in an unknown threat situation. During the proposed project period, we encourage developers to target the following timelines:
- Target a 16-week timeframe from identification of antigen to product release for clinical trials
- Target a 6-week timeframe from administration of first dose to achievement of clinical benefit (i.e. immune response likely to result in clinical benefit)
- Produce 100,000 vaccine doses within 8 weeks to impact an emerging outbreak (i.e. from Go-decision to scale-up to production, fill, finish, and release)
- Deadline for submission of step 1 proposals: 4 p.m. CEST 17 October 2017
CfP2 call text
Call for proposals on platform technology
This document describes the scope, requirements and processes for proposal submission, review, and selection for funding.Download
The CEPI secretariat is collaborating with the Research Council of Norway (RCN) by using their established online application system for submissions.
Please note that:
- Only proposal forms and related documents submitted through this system will be considered.
- CEPI encourages applicants to familiarise themselves with the online application portal in the weeks leading up to the deadline so applications are submitted as smoothly as possible.
- The deadline is definite and the portal will not allow submission after the CfP deadline.
Here you can access the CEPI online application form:CEPI online application form
Guidelines for online applicationDownload
As part of your proposal, please complete the following templates according the guidelines above:
- Project description template - Step 1
- Milestone template - Step 1
- Budget template - Step 1
Please note that completed templates are mandatory submissions as part of a complete proposal.
Project description template - Step 1Download
Milestone template - Step 1Download
Budget template - Step 1Download
More details on policies that are part of the award conditions are available here on the CEPI website:
- Equitable access policy, including data sharing
- Shared risks/shared benefits policy
- Management of intellectual property (IP)
- Clinical trial policy
- Cost guidance document (updated version will be available in the week of September 4th)
Step 1 FAQs 1Download
For technical issues with the online application form please contact the Research Council of Norway, and CC CEPI.
For CfP-content related issues please contact CEPI.